ICAP IN Sierra Leone
Key Technical Areas
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Quality Improvement
- Human Resources for Health
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)
- PEPFAR / Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- CDC / Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation / Crown Agents
Mame Awa Toure, MD, MSc
Dr. Mame Awa Toure is ICAP’s country director in Sierra Leone. She has over 20 years of experience in public health programming in resource-limited settings. Dr. Toure specializes in disease program management and the implementation of large, integrated health service delivery programs focused on HIV prevention, care, and treatment; TB/HIV treatment and prevention; cervical cancer prevention; maternal and child health; and health system strengthening.
Prior to joining ICAP, Dr. Toure worked as the country director for Jhpiego in Côte d’Ivoire, where she coordinated technical assistance programs focused on the development and implementation of integrated, comprehensive chronic care models for HIV, TB, and non-communicable diseases. She is fluent in English and French and holds a Master of Science degree in Epidemiology.