In Mozambique, ICAP supports a concerted government effort spanning all levels of the health system to address the dual health threats of HIV and tuberculosis (TB). Service provision, continuous quality improvement, and development of health facility and laboratory infrastructure form the core of these efforts, with innovative, targeted approaches driving progress in human resources for health, optimized antiretroviral (ARV) regimens, and utilization of new technology to improve patient retention in care.
ICAP IN MOZAMBIQUE
Key Technical Areas
- Capacity building of educational institutions
- Cervical cancer screening HIV prevention, care, and treatment
- HIV testing and counseling
- Human resources for health
- Key populations
- Laboratory systems strengthening
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV
- Sexual and gender-based violence
- Strategic information
- Voluntary medical male circumcision
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- PEPFAR / Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA)
- PEPFAR / Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- World Health Organization
Antonio Mussa, MD, MPH
Dr. Antonio Mussa is a public health specialist with 25 years of experience in health care, health systems management, and human resources. As the country director of ICAP’s work in Mozambique, he leads a team of over 200 staff to implement technical assistance and capacity building HIV prevention, care and treatment programs. Previously, he served as a senior manager in the Mozambican Ministry of Health for nearly 20 years as director of human resources director, provincial director for health, provincial chief medical officer, district director and hospital director and district director. His areas of expertise include clinical care, human resources, workforce development, health governance issues, health systems strengthening, and management. Dr. Mussa holds a medical degree from University of Eduardo Mondlane and a Master of Public Health degree from the University of Washington, Seattle. He is registered with the Mozambican Medical Council.
jobs in mozambique
July 11, 2018
Performance Based Financing Consultant
Working closely with the ICAP in Mozambique Country...
April 24, 2018
Senior Quality Improvement Advisor
The Quality Improvement Capacity for Impact Project (QICIP) Senior...