ICAP supports collaboration between national TB and HIV control programs and the development of complementary TB/HIV clinical programs.
Tuberculosis BY THE NUMBERS
of HIV deaths worldwide related to tuberculosis
Cause of death among people living with HIV
ICAP’s FOCUS ON Tuberculosis
- Expanded integrated TB/HIV care and treatment programs
- Model centers to develop best practices for integrated TB/HIV care and treatment
- Intensified TB case finding among people living with HIV, including scale up of TB diagnostics and linkage to early ART initiation
- Strengthening pediatric TB/HIV care and treatment services, including TB screening and diagnostic tools for children and HIV testing for children with TB
- Training programs for clinicians on management of TB/HIV co-infection
- Enhanced monitoring and evaluation systems for TB/HIV care and treatment
In addition, ICAP has developed clinical resources for the management of TB/HIV co-infection in resource-limited settings.