This is a continuing project2019
ICAP provided support in the following areas: Supported an evaluation of patient feedback surveys and healthcare worker feedback sessions related to Option B+ to improve antenatal retention among pregnant women
- Supported an evaluation of patient feedback surveys and healthcare worker feedback sessions related to Option B+ to improve antenatal retention among pregnant women living with HIV.
- Helped the Ministry of Health to pilot and evaluate the introduction of HIV testing at birth for HIV-exposed infants in the Manzini region.
- Supported an evaluation of enhanced integration of Tuberculosis (TB)/HIV services in reproductive maternal newborn and child health in antenatal clinics in seven health facilities in the Manzini region.
- Supported the Ministry of Health to conduct HIV drug resistance surveillance.
- Collaborated with the Ministry and CDC to improve tracking of children identified as having HIV including uptake of antiretroviral therapy (ART) and retention in care.
- Collaborated with the Swaziland Nursing Council (SNC) and stakeholders to update the pre-service HIV and TB curricula and mainstream them within the four schools of nursing in Eswatini and increase SNC’s capacity to oversee its continuing professional development database.
Find out more on the Global Technical Assistance Project Page