Under the direction of the Finance & Administration Director, the Sub-Award Manager will be responsible for maintaining sound financial systems and controls to ensure effective implementation of the PHIA project in Haiti. He/she will also promote adherence to ICAP Standard Operating Procedures, donors’ rules and regulations as well as fiscal, statutory and legal standards of Haiti.
The Sub-Award Manager will also work closely with PHIA Project Coordinator, PHIA Project Director and the ICAP New York (Headquarters) Sub award Management team.
This position is grant funded.
- Conduct financial pre-award assessments of prospective sub-awardees.
- Collaborates with prospective sub-awardees on budget development and amendments.
- Develop a site visit schedule with Technical Advisors.
- Conduct site visits, and write and retain Financial Site Visit Reports.
- Provide sub-awardees with a copy of the ICAP Sub-award Guidelines and provide orientation on the guidelines.
- Ensure sub-award compliance with the terms, conditions, and specifications of the sub-award; monitor and manage issues of non-compliance.
- Ensure that the Country Office has in place effective systems for evaluating sub-awardees performance, and document, as appropriate, whether sub-awardees have met the terms, conditions, and specifications of the sub-award (this includes a system for site visits).
- Provide adequate and timely follow-up on all requests from sub-awardees.
- Conduct post-award assessments as required.
- Review audit reports filed by sub-awardees and any audit findings.
- Review corrective actions cited by sub-awardees in response to their audit findings.
- Communicate to the ICAP-NY Sub-award team any issues pertaining to the terms and conditions of a sub-award (e.g., compliance, financing, and reporting issues)
- Maintain electronic and physical records of all documentation and communication pertaining to each sub-award.
- Undertake other responsibilities as instructed by the immediate supervisor.
- Contributes to reviews, approvals, signing and verification of payment vouchers
- Assists in development and coordination of annual budgeting processes
- Facilitates production of financial reports required by management, headquarters and donors
- Assists in facilitating internal and external audits for the country office
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned.
- A post graduate degree in Accounting or BComm Accounting degree plus five (5) years of progressive experience in finance and/or accounting ideally in managerial position within an
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced knowledge and expert understanding of USG rules and regulations related to award financial management;
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks);
- Strong competency in Database Management, Microsoft Office package (including email management (Outlook), Excel, Power Point and Word) and Adobe;
- Good supervisory skills with team work mentality including excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be highly organized with extreme attention to detail and the ability to work independently to reach identified objectives and deadlines;
- Ability to creatively solve problems often without guidance;
- Fluency in English and French; knowledge of Haitian Creole an asset
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and/or, projections.
- Skill in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling personal workflow.
- Basic data entry, record maintenance skill, account balancing and reconciling skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel as well as ability to use other related software applications.
- Knowledge of Quick Books is advantageous.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with subject title “PHIA Project – POSITION TITLE” to email@example.com. Please do not submit certificates online. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
NOTE: These are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Haiti and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment, which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.