Working closely with ICAP in Sub-Saharan African country TBD, the Strategic Behavior Change Communication Advisor will support the CDC–funded project Behavioral and Biological Surveillance of HIV among Key Populations to Improve HIV-related Services and Utilization in Sub-Saharan African country TBD. under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDSRelief (PEPFAR) – CDC–RFA-GH17-1736. Key responsibilities include conducting mapping of services, available for key populations (KP) Sub-Saharan African country TBD., identify barriers for access and utilization and develop strategies to overcome them, identify health care worker (HCW) training needs related to KP, lead the development of HCW KP training materials and obtain input from local associations of KP.
This position is grant funded.
- Support the Government Sub-Saharan African country TBD, the National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council (NAC) in strategic planning to meet HIV-related needs for KPs, including gathering of behavioral data from HIV service delivery sites
- Conduct mapping of HIV services available for KP in Zambia, identify barriers for access and utilization and develop strategies to overcome them
- Identify health care worker (HCW) training needs related to KP
- Lead the development of HCW KP training materials and obtain input from local NGOs
- Coordinate behavior change technical support to local associations of KP
- Liaise with sub-grant organizations to coordinate supportive supervision and joint activities as outlined in the SOW
- Collaborate with national authorities and participate in national Working Group and forum
- Facilitate quarterly stakeholders meetings and any other KP and related regional meeting
- Perform any other related assignment as may be assigned by supervisor and the ICAP management
- Doctorate in public health, sociology or anthropology, MD or MPH with field research experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and experience in the field of HIV/AIDS epidemiology;
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills;
- Experience living and working in Africa preferred
- Knowledge and experience in developing training’s for health care workers
- 5 years public health experience implementing donor funded projects
- Experience mapping and analyzing HIV/AIDS behavior change, particularly among KP
- Experience in the logistics and implementation of large-scale HIV/AIDS program activities.
- Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to regional offices.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem skills
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org