Reporting to the Laboratory Advisor, the Return of Results (RoR) Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of returning biomarker test results in a timely and confidential manner in accordance with the Haiti national population-level HIV impact assessment (HaPHIA). The Return of Results Coordinator will work closely with the staff stationed at the Ministry of Health National Laboratory (Haiti LNSP) and HaPHIA Project Coordinators. In addition, the RoR Coordinator will work closely with the data management team at ICAP NY, CDC, Westat, and implementing partners in Haiti (LNSP and IMIS. GHESKIO) to monitor the progress of returning viral load and EID results according to protocol specifications and to flag implementation issues.
This position is grant funded.
Overall responsibility: The RoR Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the tracking, shipment, and receipt of test results to participants and facilities, understand and adhere to approved HAPHIA research protocol, relevant SOPs, and other appropriate regulations, procedures and policies.
- Work with Senior Communication Officer on facility sensitization on HAPHIA RoR
- Jointly coordinate sensitization of all health facilities on the HAPHIA survey and on the process of receiving and returning HAPHIA results to participants with the Senior Communication Officer (SCO) prior to RoR commencing
- Maintain and update facility-level contact details
- Flag and notify the ICAP Laboratory Advisor on implementation issues immediately.
- Generation, Printing, Tracking and Review of Participant Laboratory Reports
- Download individual participant reports posted by the data management team from the HaPHIA sFTP server and print them.
- Sort printed reports into the different locations of the different destinations, including the specific health facilities, district, and region.
- Manage and update the master RoR log with the date the PDF report was ready for printing, date it was sent to facility, sender initials, method sent, courier tracking number (if applicable), and the date received by facility.
- Track the elapsed time since the date of blood collection to result being received at the facility, assuring that all results are returned on time.
- Maintain confidentiality of study participants and adhere to principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and ethics of human subjects’ research.
- Participant notification of results availability
- The RoR Coordinator will refer to the Locator Report and contact participants via phone call or SMS using a standard script. The Locator Reports will be generated and posted to the HaPHIA sFTP at the same time as the participant reports.
4. Results delivery
- Coordinate delivery of results with the drivers
- Troubleshoot any challenges that may arise in delivering results to participants and/or facilities.
- Interact with the central lab teams at LNSP and IMIS to ensure all tests are completed
- Work with the central lab teams to identify missed tests and expedite re-testing as needed
- Provide timely weekly and monthly reports to the Laboratory Advisor
- Update the RoR log weekly
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a similar position.
- Willing to travel nationally for field work
- Has previous survey experience
- Logistics experience with coordination of shipments and tracking
- Experience with delivering results (preferably HIV related test results) to health facilities
- Background in HIV/AIDS and or infectious diseases
- Experience working with health facilities in Haiti
- Proactive in handling challenging situations
- Periodic domestic travel throughout Haiti to support the coordination of returning test results for HaPHIA.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with subject title “PHIA Project – POSITION TITLE” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit certificates online. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.