- Implement an effective vision for the project through leadership of all in-country project activities and close monitoring of progress toward the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with the Principle Investigator, develop, execute and continually update the strategic plan for the RRHS project in Sierra Leone.
- Participate actively in the development of innovative approaches for pre-service education and HRH workforce development.
- Lead the design of interventions while ensuring the quality and maximum sustainability of all initiatives through effective pre-service education and capacity building programs.
- Lead the annual work planning process and along with the PI and country director, contribute to planning meetings with the donor.
- Build a cohesive and thriving qualified team able to achieve project goals.
- Oversee all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems and review outputs for quality control.
- Represent the project in all matters pertaining to the execution of project-related activities including interactions with the most senior levels representatives of partner institutions.
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with the other USG partners, other relevant agencies and funders, which may include private sector partnerships.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of project activities and results to the donor.
- Present progress, achievements, briefing documents and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including the donor, government officials, and other implementing partners.
- PhD, or Master’s degree in public health, health management, international development or a related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Midwifery
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the design and implementation of nursing pre-service education (curriculum design and implementation) and/or Inservice capacity building programs, and HIV programs or related public health programs in the context of a developing country, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Exhibit a high level of diplomacy while working with government partners at the national or regional levels in resource-constrained settings.
- Strong familiarity and command of USG regulations and compliance.
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing donor financed projects.
Please email your Cover Letter and Application in a single word format to email@example.com.