The Quality Improvement (QI) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will support a Quality Improvement Collaborative (QIC) at multiple health facilities in Nampula and/or Zambezia Provinces in Mozambique. The QI M&E officer will lead the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) component of the QIC including the development and implementation of the QIC indicators, data management systems, data collection and analysis standard operating procedures (SOPs) and data quality assurance (DQA) activities. S/he will also work closely with QI teams within HF, providing mentoring and technical assistance to guarantee successful implementation of QIC projects, including the collection and analysis of relevant data and delivery of monthly progress reports, including run charts.
The QI M&E officer will:
- Support and contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of the QI Collaborative at multiple health facilities in Mozambique.
- Support the QI Advisor to develop the QIC monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans, indicators, data management systems, and standard operating protocols for data collection and analysis of QI projects.
- Support the QI Advisor to mentor QI teams within HF to implement QI projects and collect and analyze data.
- Conduct ongoing data quality assurance (DQA) activities for QI projects at diverse health facilities.
- Prepare data analysis related to QI projects for presentation to a diverse range of audiences.
- Support the QI Advisor to document QI training and technical assistance activities and help to produce and disseminate technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other written materials.
- Facilitate QI workshops and training courses, with a focus on M&E of QI
- Be able to travel to all QIC participating facilities monthly. Expect to travel at least 15 working days a month to all QICfacilities.
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Nursing, or related science degrees or related field including experience working in MOH or USG PEPFAR PMTCT and other HIV related programs.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems required in Mozambique.
- Demonstrated experience with M&E for QI projects or comparable M&E experience is required
- Strong data management and analysis skills are required. Experience working with DHIS2 is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and presentation skills
- Knowledge of and experience in health information management systems, database maintenance, and patient-level databases is preferred
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to rapidly process and analysis data using MS Excel are required
- Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines and multiple tasks, in coordination with multiple partners to achieve program results
- Excellent English and Portuguese written and verbal communication skills are required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to ICAP-Jobs-Mozambique@columbia.edu