The Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor will work closely with the CDC South Africa, HRSA and CDC South Africa implementing partners, and other key stakeholders to design, lead and manage a Quality Improvement for ART Retention learning network in priority districts and health facilities in South Africa. The QI Advisor will lead the project training and workshops, coaching, implementation and supportive supervision of QI projects, and evaluation of QI initiatives. The QI Advisor will liaise closely with the QI team at ICAP New York headquarters.
The QI Advisor will:
- Support and contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of the QI for Retention learning network project in South Africa.
- Assist in strategic project planning and work plan development
- Document project training and technical assistance activities and help to produce and disseminate technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other written materials.
- Facilitate and ensure clear, regular and systematic communication and collaboration between Donors, MOH, and all other project stakeholders in order to achieve country level QIC project objectives.
- Develop and update project related training and technical assistance activities, including but not limited to: assisting with the design, delivery and management of the QI for Retention training, workshops and any capacity building initiatives.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support for face-to-face training and workshops sessions, on site QI coaching and evaluating training sessions, workshops, webinars, and other training projects.
- Lead and facilitate monthly facility site supportive supervision, QI coaching, mentoring and implementation support for site level QI projects to all participating QIC health facilities monthly.
- Be able to travel to ICAP QIC sites at least 15 working days of a month.
- Partner with QI M&E staff for development of QIC M&E systems including indicator development, data collection tools and SOPs, data management systems, data quality assurance policies and procedures, data review and analysis.
- Prepare QI related data for presentation for a diverse range of audiences.
- An advanced degree (MD, RN, MPH) in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or related field including experience working in DoH or USG PEPFAR PMTCT and other HIV related programs;
- Demonstrated success in leading formal quality improvement projects using the Model for Improvement or similar methods is strongly preferred;
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in the implementation of relevant HIV and QI program activities in South Africa.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant adult education and/or training experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to rapidly process and analysis data using MS Excel are required.
- Experience working with DHIS2 is preferred.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are required.
Applicants must send their CV and cover letter to ICAP-Jobs-SA@cumc.columbia.edu.