Reporting to the Senior Technical Advisor of the TRACE program, the GIS Analyst/Geodatabase Manager is responsible for the management and analyses of spatial data associated with implementation of TRACE activities. Works in conjunction with sub-recipients to design and maintain survey geodatabases and to conduct spatial analyses. Provides support in this area to CDC, MOH and ICAP country teams.
This position is grant funded.
- Designs and maintains geodatabases using field-acquired data, as well as data from third-party sources, including national governments, universities, open-access datasets, and commercial datasets
- Conducts spatial analyses to identify hotpots and trends of new infections identified through the TRACE program
- Works with partner organizations to integrate spatial analyses into TRACE program dashboards
- Supports GPS-enabled tablet-based collection of geospatial and ancillary data during TRACE program implementation
- Provides remote and in-country support to TRACE country teams on GIS data acquisition and data management; trains teams on the use of GIS, GPS-enabled tablets, and geospatial data; troubleshoots data collection and management challenges
- Collaborates with GIS departments of host government national bureaus of statistics to reconcile discrepancies between master census files and GIS files
- Performs other related duties, as directed
Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of related experience.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Advanced proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS for Desktop
- Demonstrated programming experience using Python and SQL
- Proficiency in geospatial and statistical methods and analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding best practices for cartographic design, metadata documentation, and projected coordinate systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant experience managing and analyzing large, population-based survey data
- Master’s Degree in Geography, Geographic Information Science or related field.
- Proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS for Server
- Proficiency using SAS, STATA or R statistical software
- Demonstrated experience providing training on GIS, GPS, geospatial data, and relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Experience working with issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
- Experience working in resource-limited environments in sub-Saharan Africa a plus
Requires periodic international travel to sub-Saharan Africa. Approximately seven (7) trips per year with each trip lasting approximately five (5) to ten (10) days each. An estimated annual travel time of approximately 25%.
Interested candidates, please apply here – http://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/2072