« Back to Jobs
NEPI Nurse Advisor
Under the supervision of the ICAP Lesotho Country Director, the NEPI Nurse Advisor will work in close collaboration with the ICAP Lesotho Program Specialist and the NEPI Coordinator – Ministry of Health (MOH). The incumbent will develop, implement and monitor NEPI activities in collaboration with the six (6) nursing and midwifery educational institutions and other relevant stakeholders. The NEPI Nurse Advisor will liaise with relevant partners, training institutions, the Lesotho Nursing Council and Professional Associations, to ensure that the deliverables for the NEPI project in Lesotho are attained. The NEPI Nurse Advisor will support all processes to engage with the nursing educational institutions to develop programs that will affect nursing and midwifery pre-service outcomes. In collaboration with the ICAP LS Program Specialist and the MOH NEPI Coordinator, she/he will manage and coordinate the work of the ICAP-NEPI Lesotho team, interfacing with PEPFAR Lesotho and other key partners.
This position is grant funded.
Location: Maseru, Lesotho
- Collaborate closely with the MOH NEPI Coordinator in ensuring the effective planning and implementation of all NEPI activities in Lesotho.
- Support the development of workplans and scopes of work for sub-awards to nursing institutions and consultants, and oversee the implementation of work plan activities.
- Support the implementation of program operational plans and ensure activities are completed.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor progress of project activities and administration.
- In collaboration with the NEPI team, provide supportive supervision to the institutions to ensure that all activities are implemented.
- Provide technical support to nursing institutions and partners as needed.
- Partner with the ICAP NEPI team to ensure quality implementation and best practices are upheld in all NEPI supported nursing education initiatives.
- Provide supportive supervision to ICAP NEPI team and manage/oversee their work outputs.
- With the ICAP Country Director, the MOH NEPI Coordinator and the ICAP Program Specialist, maintain contact and strategic partnership with donor, partners, stakeholders and government counterparts as needed, by participating in meetings and events.
- Manage documentation of program activities; Ensure timely submission of required reports (monthly, quarterly, annual and project) to ICAP NY and applicable funding bodies.
- Work collaboratively with the ICAP-NEPI Regional staff to meet project goals.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the ICAP Country Director and ICAP NY.
Minimum And Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery or equivalent is required
- 3+ years of experience with health-related project management
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing Nurse or Midwife in Lesotho, South Africa or other similar resource limited setting
- Experience teaching at an Accredited Institution of Nursing or Midwifery, is an added advantage
- Registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council or willingness/ability to register
- Experience managing teams of people who are working in remote locations.
- Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge of Lesotho context and cultures in urban and rural areas
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and written) in English & Sesotho required
- Ability to multi-task
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software packages (Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 8, Skype and Internet Search Platforms)
- Working knowledge of operational/programmatic rules and regulations for recipients of United States Government funding preferred
- Regular domestic travel to regions where NEPI supported initiatives are being implemented is anticipated
- Travel may require occasional overnight stays
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should send their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate you are applying for position “NEPI Nurse Advisor” in the subject line of your email.
Do not attach any certificates when submitting online. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The closing date for receiving applications is June 3, 2016.
The position will be based in Maseru.
NOTE: This is a local hire position. The successful candidate will be an employee of ICAP in Lesotho and is subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which include a competitive salary and benefits package.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.