« Back to Nursing Initiatives
NEPI strengthened in-country nursing and midwifery educational institutions and ensured the production of sufficient numbers of well-trained, clinically competent nursing workforce in sub-Saharan Africa. Its primary objectives were:
• Strengthen nursing education infrastructure
• Improve the quality and relevance of teaching and learning
• Improve the capacity of nursing and midwifery faculty
• Strengthen governance, leadership, and administrative capacity of nursing education institutions
• Enhance partnerships with national and regional nursing education networks
NEPI was guided by principles of country ownership and partnership, consultative and collaborative planning, capacity building, and technical expertise for education strengthening.